Indulge in a guilt-free morning treat with our High Protein Keto French Toast recipe. Crafted using Justine's Keto Bread Mix, this breakfast sensation is not only low in carbs but also packs a protein punch to kickstart your day. Depending on the type and amount of protein you use, this french toast recipe could have anywhere upwards of 50g protein!
- 2 Slices Justine's Keto Bread Mix made into a loaf of bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 - 1 scoop protein powder
- 50ml milk (any kind)
- 1 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
- splash vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- whatever toppings you'd like (we used greek yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, sugar free maple syrup, and powdered sweetener)
Method for High Protein Keto French Toast
- In a wide bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, protein powder, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and salt until well combined
- Dunk your slices of keto bread into the egg mixture, letting them soak up as much of it as possible.
- Lightly spray a frying pan with oil, and add a small amount of butter. Once heated, add bread slices one at a time, cooking until both sides are golden
- Top with your favourite toppings (we used yogurt, strawberries. Blueberries, powdered sweetener & maple syrup)