This 10 minute gooey, smooth and indulgent caramel sauce is about to change your life! And, the best thing is it’s sugar-free and free from harmful chemicals which are typically found in those store-bought preserved caramel sauces.
Our friends at @fooddreamer inspired us with their gooey sugar-free caramel sauce, which we've combined with a delicious keto-friendly plant-based ice cream, and a wee sprinkling of our very own Hurricane's Toffee Crunch crumbs for that extra crunchy texture! It’s the perfect wintery after-dinner treat that takes no time at all! Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tbsp SWEETNZ Golden Brown Sweetener
- 3 tbsp Nativa Sugar substitute
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp kosher or sea salt
- 2 tbsp water
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, SWEETNZ Golden Brown Sweetener, and Nativa Sugar substitute. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 to 5 minutes (be careful not to burn it).
- Remove from heat and add cream. The mixture will bubble vigorously.
- Sprinkle with xanthan gum and whisk vigorously to combine. Add salt.
- Return mixture to heat and boil 1 more minute. Let cool to lukewarm and stir in water until well combined.
- For salted caramel, simply stir in additional salt at the end.
- Scoop some Halo Top Ice cream into a bowl, sprinkle our Hurricane's Toffee Crunch crumbs, and pour over your decadent golden brown gooey caramel sauce.
- Any leftover sauce can be stored in the fridge for a week or so. Just gently reheat in the microwave or in a saucepan to make it pourable again.
This recipe was adapted from https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com.