This irresistible Jaffa Cookie Slice recipe by Jess (@eaingforfuel on Instagram) that will satisfy your sweet cravings and leave you wanting more. The delightful combination of crumbled Justine's keto protein cookies creates a base that is not only delicious but also incredibly versatile. Get ready to indulge in this mouthwatering treat that's perfect for any occasion!
Ingredients for Jaffa Protein Cookie Slice
- 2 Justine's Orange choc chip protein cookies, crumbled down with a fork
- 1 Justine's keto double choc dream protein brownie, crumbled down with a fork
- 1 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 heaped tbsp coconut flour recommended
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- Juice from 1/2 a small orange
- 8 medjool dates, soaked (substitute with sugar free maple syrup for keto)
- Optional: natural food dye for the orangey Jafa color!
- Justine's Keto Dark Choc Baking Chips
- Additional Justine's keto protein cookie crumbs for added yumminess
Method for Jaffa Protein Cookie Slice
Start by lining a slice tray with baking paper. In a bowl, combine all the base ingredients and mix until smooth. Press the mixture flat into the tray using your hands.
For the filling, use a high-speed blender or a food processor to blend together the shredded coconut, orange juice, and soaked medjool dates (o maple syrup) until smooth. If desired, add natural food dye separately by mixing it in a bowl with a fork.
Spread the filling mixture evenly over the prepared base in the tray. Place the tray in the fridge to set.
Moving on to the chocolate topping, gently melt your keto dark chocolate over low heat until smooth. Pour the melted chocolate over the slice. For an extra touch of decadence, sprinkle more cookie crumbs on top of the melted chocolate before it sets.
Finally, refrigerate or freeze the slice based on your desired consistency. Then, get ready to ENJOY this delightful Jafa Cookie Slice that will surely satisfy your taste buds.