Keto & Dairy Free Peanut Caramel Chocolate Valentine's Hearts
These nutty caramel chocolate hearts are the perfect treat for Valentine's Day!
With a hard outside, and soft caramel nutty filling they make a delicious sweet salty snack - oh, and did we mention, they're low carb, sugar free, dairy free & keto friendly too?
Ingredients for Keto Peanut Caramel Chocolate Hearts
For the Filling:
- 4 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 3 Tbsp Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- 1.5 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1.5 Tbsp Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Pinch Salt
For the Chocolate coating
- 1/2 cup Justine's Keto Choc Baking Chips
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
Method for Keto Peanut Caramel Chocolate Hearts
- In a small microwave safe bowl, combine all filling ingredients.
- Transfer bowl to the microwave and heat for 1 minute until everything is warm & melted.
- mix warm filling ingredients together and set aside to cool
- Meanwhile, while your filling is cooling, prepare the chocolate coating by combining 1/2 cup of Justine's Keto Dark Choc Baking Chips with 1 tsp coconut oil.
- Heat chocolate mixture in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each increment, until melted & smooth.
- prepare your heart shaped chocolate molds, and begin to spread 2/3 of the chocolate mixture in each mold (roughly half full).
- Next, add a teaspoon sized amount of the filling mixture to each mold, being careful to avoid the sides of the mold where possible.
- pour the remaining chocolate mixture on top and smooth until molds are full and the peanut butter filling is completely covered.
- Place filled molds in the fridge until set