This cookie is soft & spongy right after baking but will firm up next day.
Makes around 61 pieces.
Ingredients for the Keto Cookies
- 70gm coconut oil - soften in microwave in winter so it blends better with butter
- 120gm butter, room temperature
- 110gm Justine’s Erythritol
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 320gm Almond flour
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 60gm Justine’s Dark Choc Baking Chips
- 60gm Justine’s White Choc Baking Chips
Ingredients for the dipping Chocolate:
- 250gm Justine’s Dark Choc Baking Chips
- 25gm coconut oil
Ingredients for the White Chocolate drizzle:
- 150gm Justine’s white choc baking chips
- 10gm coconut oil
Method for Keto Dark & White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Beat coconut oil, butter and Erythritol together in a mixer with a beater attachment at medium speed until creamy & pale. Slowly add in eggs, one at a time. Making sure it’s thoroughly blended before adding the next egg. Scrape mixing bowl to ensure no streaks during mixing.
- Combine almond flour, cocoa, baking soda and cream of tartar. Slowly add into creamed mixture at lowest speed. Lastly, add in both the chocolate chips.
- Line baking trays with baking paper and scoop or roll into balls about 15gm each.
- Bake at 170 degrees Celsius for about 15 minutes until the edges are firm.
- Leave to cool.
To make Chocolate for dipping:
- Combine dark chocolate and coconut oil together in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave.
- Half dip cookie in the chocolate and sprinkle some white chocolate chips over the chocolate or leave to set and drizzle white chocolate over.
To make white chocolate drizzle:
- Combine white chocolate chips and coconut oil together and melt in the microwave.
- Fill a piping bag or a small ziplock bag and drizzle over cookies.