KETO FAT BOMBS
What are they?
Fat bombs are a high-fat low carb treat that is a great desert food for those following the keto diet. They’re sweet and creamy and they satisfy those sugary cravings you can get while following a strict diet. Luckily for us, these fat bombs are low in sugar and won’t take you out of ketosis!
Why it’s a great treat.
While these fat bombs taste amazing they will not keep you apart from your fitness goals, in fact, they will help you to reach those goals with more energy and enthusiasm than ever. Consuming enough healthy fats will give you the boost of energy you need to get through the day. Fat bombs are often chock full of good fats like the ones found in cream, oil, and milk.
What you will need.
- 1x Mould (or large Muffin tray)
- 60g almond flour
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 Justine's Keto Choc Fudge Protein Cookie
- A Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp Justine's Erythritol
- 2 tbsp Butter or Coconut Oil
The base of the fat bomb is going to give it that nice crunchy texture.
- Lightly toast the almost flour in a pan over medium heat (2-4 min).
- Pour toasted almond flour into a small bowl and mix in cocoa, sweetener, salt and Justine’s Protein Cookie.
- Add butter and mix thoroughly. Then pour and press the mixture into your desired mould.
- Place in the freezer while we make the cream layer.
The cream layer of the fat bomb is the bulk of the treat. This is the part full of all the delicious fats.
- Add coconut milk and sweetener in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until the sweetener has dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and allow to cool completely
- Add heavy cream to a large chilled bowl and whip until soft peaks form. Mix in vanilla extract and the cooled coconut and sweetener mixture.
- Pour the cream mixture into the mold and freeze until solid.
Enjoy these sweet treats without feeling guilty. They will fill you up and satisfy that sweet craving while bringing you closer towards your health and fitness goals. Happy Snacking!