Get ready to indulge in a heavenly low-carb dessert with Lisa's Keto Ambrosia Trifle.
Made with Justine's Keto Gingerbread Cake Mix, this trifle is the perfect combination of warm gingerbread flavour and creamy choc berry ambrosia. It's an easy to make and delicious treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth without breaking your keto die that is sure to be a hit at your next dinner party or family gathering!
Keto Ambrosia Trifle Ingredients
For the Keto Ambrosia
- 400ml Cream
- 375ml Plain, unsweetened greek yogurt
- 220g Sugar free protein marshmallows (reserve 10 for topping)
- Sugar free berry juice or ginger beer
- 50g Justine's keto dark choc baking chips
For the Keto Trifle
- 1 premade Justine's Keto Gingerbread Cake Mix, or Keto Victoria Sponge Cake Mix
- 2-3 c mixed frozen berries
- 1 packet sugar free berry jelly (made ahead)
For the Topping:
- Fresh strawberries
- Reserved marshmallows
- A few frozen blueberries
- Sugar free chocolate chips
Keto Ambrosia Trifle Method
- On the day before, prepare the sugar free jelly according to packet instructions. Pour into a square baking dish and allow to set completely before preparing trifle. The jelly should be around 1.5cm high.
- Also on the day before, prepare and bake the Keto Victoria Sponge Cake Mix, or Keto Gingerbread Cake Mix according to package instructions.
- On the day of preparation, make the ambrosia first.
- First, prepare the marshmallows by chopping into smaller pieces. In a medium bowl pour in the cream and whip with electric beaters for 2-3 minutes on low-medium speed until the cream begins to froth or foam.
- Increase the speed to medium-high and continue to beat until the cream thickens and begins to leave a trail. Beat until soft peaks form, careful not to overbeat.
- Add to the cream the yogurt and your frozen mixed berries. Gently fold into the cream until well incorporated.
- Add to this, the chopped marshmallows and keto dark choc chips. Gently mix to combine
- Set Cream mixture aside in the refrigerator to keep cold while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- Slice the premade keto cake into 2-3cm chunks. Run a sharp knife through the jelly down and across to create 1cm chunks.
- Add the juice or ginger beer to a jug. In a large 3.5L trifle bowl, add in 1/2 of the cake chunks to form a layer covering the base of the bowl.
- Layer the jelly pieces of the sponge layer and half the frozen berries.
Add the jelly squares all over the sponge pieces and half the frozen berries
Over this carefully spoon in half the Ambrosia, and spread with a spatula to smooth
On top of this add the remaining sponge chunks, lightly pressing them down.
Pour over the rest of the juice, again not to soak just to colour and the remainder of the mixed frozen berries
Carefully spoon over the remainder of the Ambrosia and carefully spread this to cover the trifle.
Place lightly covered in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight
When ready to serve slice up some fresh berries, the reserved marshmallows halved, a few frozen blueberries and some more chocolate chips to sprinkle over.
Serve while cold. This recipe will keep for up to 2-3 days if covered and stored well in the refrigerator.