This Cookie Choc Cake is to die for! It's really simple and required no actually baking!
- 640g Justine's Protein Cookies or Crumbs
- 140g Hazelnuts
- 150g Erithritol
- 50g Cocoa powder
- 240ml Water
- 150g Butter
- 150ml Cream
- 150g Dark Chocolate
- Gelatin powder
- Add Erithritol and cocoa powder to a bowl
- gradually mix in half the water
- Cut butter into cubes and add to the mixture
- Melt the butter in the mixture over a low heat
- Evenly spread the gelatin powder on the surface of the rest of the water and let it 'bloom' for 3 minutes
- Stir the gelatin mixture into the cocoa mixture, but do not bring to the boil.
- Break up cookies, or add crumbs into a bowl
- Crush hazelnuts into smaller pieces using a pestle and mortar
- Add the hazelnuts to the crumbs
- Pour over the cocoa syrup
- Pour the mixture into a lined cake pan, press and level well.
- Refrigerate for one hour
- To make the icing, heat the cream and pour it over the dark chocolate (in a new bowl), stirring until a smooth glaze is obtained.
- Pour the icing over the cake mixture and refrigerate for at least another 3 hours.
- Decorate with toasted hazelnuts and serve!