These sugar-free keto peanut butter cups are just like real ones! You'll love this easy low carb peanut butter cup recipe made with 5 ingredients.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
283.5 g Justine’s Dark choc chips (divided; see notes on the chocolate to use, don't use baker's chocolate!)
73.93 g Coconut Oil (divided)
2.46 ml Vanilla Extract (optional, divided)
PEANUT BUTTER LAYER
51.75 g Peanut Butter (creamy)
9.86 g Coconut Oil
19.72 g Justine’s Erythritol powdered in blender
7.39 g Peanut Flour
0.62 ml Vanilla Extract (optional)
0.1 g Sea Salt (optional, to taste)
1. Line a muffin pan with parchment paper liners (or candy cups).
2. For the bottom chocolate layer, heat half of the chocolate (142 g) and half of the coconut oil (35 g) in a double boiler on the stove, stirring frequently, until melted. (You can also heat in the microwave, stirring at 20 second intervals.) Stir in half of the vanilla (1/4 tsp, 1mL), if using.
3. Fill the bottom of the parchment cups evenly with chocolate (about 2 tsp (10 mL) in each). Freeze for 10 minutes , until at least the top is firm.
4. Meanwhile, for the peanut butter layer, heat the peanut butter and coconut oil in a double boiler or microwave (same method as step 2). Stir in the Justine’s erythritol powdered, peanut flour, vanilla (if using), and sea salt (if using), until smooth. Adjust sweetener and salt to taste if desired.
5. Spoon a teaspoon of the peanut butter mixture onto the center of each cup over the chocolate layer. It will spread a little into a circle, but not quite reach the edges, which is what you want. Freeze for another 10 minutes, until at least the top is firm.
6. Meanwhile, make the top chocolate layer. Heat the remaining chocolate (142 g) and remaining coconut oil (35 g) in a double boiler or microwave (same method as step 2). Stir in the remaining vanilla (1/4 tsp, 1 mL), if using.
7. Pour the chocolate into the cups, over the peanut butter layer (about 2 tsp (10 mL) in each). The chocolate will fill the empty space on the sides of the peanut butter circles and also cover the top.
8. Return to the freezer for at least 20 -30 minutes, until completely firm.